Students at West Kirby Grammar School have once again achieved at the very highest level, overcoming significant challenges during their courses of study, reflecting the continued hard work and dedication of students and staff. Students have been celebrating outstanding results across the board and the entire school community are extremely proud of both their individual achievements and their success as a cohort.
The key information is provided below:
- There were 178 pupils at the end of Year 11
- Our estimated attainment 8 score is 71.57
- 100% of students achieved a standard pass (Grade 4+) in Maths and English
- 93% of students achieved a strong pass (Grade 5+) in Maths and English
- 70% of students achieved a standard pass in the English Baccalaureate with Maths and English
- 100% of disadvantaged students achieved a standard pass in Maths and English.
- The estimated attainment 8 score for disadvantaged pupils was 69.67
- 80% of all examination were grades 9-6
- 40% of students achieved 9 or more 9-7 grades
- 40% of all examinations were graded 9 -8 (A*).
- All students have remained in education whether at WKGS Sixth Form or at other providers.
- All Progress 8 scores will be released when validated data is available.
We are delighted that the vast majority of our students will be coming back to the WKGS Sixth Form to continue their studies, but some will be going onto apprenticeships and other educational establishments, and we wish all of our students every success in the future. We are also excited to welcome new students to our Sixth Form community in September and congratulate those joining us on the exceptional levels of success they have obtained during their GCSE studies.