We value all our students and make provision for each student, taking into consideration their individual needs. All teaching staff are kept informed, with personal plans being made available to ensure that all key staff are aware of individual needs.
We offer the following services to our students:
- Individual support from our SENDCO - Mrs A Duffey
- Support from key members of the pastoral team
- Support sessions on study skills, curriculum and emotional support from our team of mentors
- Additional support and intervention in mentor led programmes in some subjects
- Examination access arrangements
- Educational Psychologist assessments
- Action for Children Counselling Services
- Access to an authority nurse and youth worker who provide confidential drop-in sessions
- Targeted further support provided by appropriate external agencies
In September 2014 changes to the provision for students with individual needs and disabilities were made. These changes are outlined in the letter from the Department for Education, which is available here.
If you require further information please contact Mrs A Duffey(SENDCO) or Mrs K Cliffe on 0151 632 3449.
Wirral Local Offer
As part of the Government Green Paper (Support and Aspiration), the government has outlined a new approach to special educational needs and disability. As part of this initiative the government requires all local authorities in England to set out a Local Offer to enable parents and young people to see more clearly what services are available to them in the area and how to access them. Local Offer Wirral can be accessed by clicking here.