Support from Home
At West Kirby Grammar School we firmly believe that students are more likely to achieve their full potential when there is a good partnership between home and school. In order to fully establish this link there are a number of ways that you can get involved.
- Supporting students with homework and monitoring the homework planner; providing a suitable environment for homework to be completed
- Communicating reasons for absence and supporting students to maintain good attendance
- Ensuring students adhere to the dress code
- Contacting school to speak to the appropriate Head of Year when a student is experiencing difficulties at home or in school
- Encouraging students to take part in extra-curricular activities
- Celebrating their successes and discussing sanctions when notified of these
- Attending relevant information evenings held annually
- Attending the annual parents’ evening
- Reading the annual review with the student and discussing the contents
More information on our formalised Home School Agreement can be found here.