DEPUTY HEAD CURRICULUM
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT AND PROGRESS (L21-25)
Required for April 2018 (or earlier by arrangement)
Due to the promotion of the current post holder to Headship, we are seeking to appoint a sole Deputy Headteacher from April 2018 (or earlier by arrangement).
We require an experienced leader who is academically able, inspirational and dynamic, with the vision and commitment to contribute to the Leadership Team of our School. You will have specific responsibility for the development and management of the curriculum including timetabling, data analysis and management, plus assessment and target setting to ensure that all students achieve their potential.
Key attributes for the post include: -
- Leadership experience, vision and ability to drive forward change
- A passion for working with young people and offering them the breadth of opportunity and aspirations to excel.
- Proven track record of impacting positively on standards
- A partnership approach to working with staff, students and parents
- Enthusiasm for educational improvement and life-long learning
- Academic rigour, the love of traditional values, plus the skill to innovate and embrace new initiatives
- A reflective practitioner with excellent organisational skills
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of data and assessment
West Kirby Grammar School is an outstanding selective girls’ grammar school and science college with boys admitted into the Sixth Form. Academic standards are exceptional and extra-curricular provision enriches the lives of students.
Informal visits to the School are encouraged. These are available on Monday 16 October
from 9 a.m. to 10.30 a.m. or Thursday 2 November from 2 p.m. to 3.30 p.m.
Please contact the School (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm attendance.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the application form online and supply a letter, of no more than two sides, explaining why you wish to join our Leadership Team and what skills and experience you can bring to the School.
Please also include a review of one curriculum initiative you have successfully introduced at your current school.
Closing date: Monday 6 November at 2pm
Interviews: Week commencing 13 November